- 1. Synthroid was prescribed on average, 22.6 million times in a month. Synthroid is a replacement those who do not produce enough hormones that normally are produced by your thyroid gland to regulate the body’s energy and metabolism. This number one prescribed drug is also used to treat or prevent goiter, which is an enlarged thyroid gland. This condition can be caused by hormone imbalances, radiation treatment, surgery, or cancer.
- 2. Crestor was prescribed on average 22.5 million times a month. Crestor is prescribed to patients that need to lower their cholesterol and triglycerides, which are types of fat in the blood. This medication is also used to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, and other heart complications in people with diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors.
- 3. Nexium was prescribed on average, 18.6 million times in a month. Nexium, also known as the purple pill, is used to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and conditions involving excessive stomach acid. A common misconception is that this drug is used to treat immediate heartburn, but it does not.
- 4. Ventolin HFA was on average prescribed 17.5 million times in a month. This medication is used for treating or preventing breathing problems in patients who have asthma or other airway diseases. This is a believable statistic, due to all the pollution and seasonal changes among the country. More and more people are being prescribed asthma medication, that do not have asthma, but are dealing with the problematic conditions in their area.
- 5. Advair Diskus was prescribed 15.0 million times a month, on average. Advair, like Ventolin is prescribed to patients to prevent asthma attacks. Advair is also used to prevent flare-ups or worsening of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, COPD, associated with chronic bronchitis or emphysema. Once again, this entails all the above information related to Ventolin.
- 6. Diovan was prescribed on average, 11.4 million times a month. Diovan is used to treat high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, in adults, as well as children who are at least 6 years old. Diovan is also used to treat heart failure and to lower the risk of death after a heart attack.
- 7. Lantus Solostar is prescribed 10.1 million times a month, on average. This medication works by helping your body to use sugar properly. Lantus lowers the amount of glucose in the blood, which in turn, helps to treat diabetes.
- 8. Cymbalta was prescribed on average, 10.0 million times a month. The medication in Cymbalta affects chemicals in the brain that become unbalanced and cause depression. Cymbalta is used to treat major depression and general anxiety disorder. This medication is also used to treat fibromyalgia, also known as chronic pain disorder. It is also used to treat chronic muscle or joint pain and nerve damage in people with diabetes.
- 9. Vyvanse was prescribed on average, 10.0 million times a month. Vyvanse is prescribed to patients to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, also known as ADHD, in adults and children.
- 10. Lyrica was prescribed on average 9.6 million times a month. Lyrica is an anti-epileptic drug. This medication slows down the impulses in the brain that cause seizures. Lyrica also affects chemicals in the brain. These chemicals send pain signals across the nervous system. This medication also is used to control seizures, to treat fibromyalgia pain, and pain caused by nerve damage due to various conditions.
Whatever path to recovery you choose, our staff has access to hundreds of treatment centers to assure the best personalized treatment for you, then with continued follow up to help you make the transition to sober living as seamless as possible.
Our trained staff of professionals are qualified to help you assess what type of treatment will be the best fit to ensure you or your loved one gets the help you need.
But how does one go about finding the right program?
If this all looks very overwhelming....it is! But that's what we are here for. Call us at 888-205-8608 and we can help make this process much easier. We will narrow down all of these aspects and find the best program for you or your loved one with all your concerns considered. It's as simple as making that first call. And the best part is that we are a free service. The road to recovery starts here!
We are a free service