If you are addicted to alcohol or drugs, 12-step treatment centers and groups may be an option for you. It could help you get started with treatment, it could complement another type of treatment, or it could help you continue treatment after a rehab program ends.
Twelve steps treatment centers and meetings provide steps and a support group to help with an addiction to alcohol or another type of drug. These meetings are enough for some people to beat their addiction altogether, or for others they are beneficial when combined with other treatment methods, like counseling and rehab. These programs can actually make short-term treatments more effective, because they give long-term support afterwards.
The different types of Twelve Step Treatment Centers
These groups are founded on the twelve recovery steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, although there are twelve step groups for addictions to many different types of drugs. You can find Narcotics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Heroin Anonymous and virtually a group for every addiction. Narcotics Anonymous is very popular because it allows people who use any type of drug to attend, which is especially beneficial for people who use more than one drug.Read more: Holistic Rehab
In 12-step groups, the members talk about their addiction struggles with a group of people who are going through the same thing and can understand. Each person has a sponsor to guide him and help him through difficult times. Also, the meetings provide the twelve steps that people can follow on their own.
If you are interested in finding a 12-step program in your area, Drug Rehab Services can help you to decide if this is the right option for you or if you might benefit from another type of treatment.
We can help you find:
- Drugs rehab
- Alcohol treatment
- Drug rehabilitation
- Detox centers
- Withdrawal treatments
- Alcohol rehab
The Steps of Drug Intervention
The twelve steps treatment centers talk about God, yet they can be seen in either a spiritual or religious manner. They are not affiliated with any religion and you do not have to be a part of a religion to follow them. These are the twelve steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, and the other groups simply replace the word “alcohol” with the drug specific to that group:
- We admitted we were powerless over Alcohol — that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
To find 12 step treatment centers your area, please call us now at 1-888-205-8608.
Whatever path to recovery you choose, our staff has access to hundreds of treatment centers to assure the best personalized treatment for you, then with continued follow up to help you make the transition to sober living as seamless as possible.
Our trained staff of professionals are qualified to help you assess what type of treatment will be the best fit to ensure you or your loved one gets the help you need.
But how does one go about finding the right program?
If this all looks very overwhelming....it is! But that's what we are here for. Call us at 888-205-8608 and we can help make this process much easier. We will narrow down all of these aspects and find the best program for you or your loved one with all your concerns considered. It's as simple as making that first call. And the best part is that we are a free service. The road to recovery starts here!
We are a free service