What to Expect From Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers: What are treatment centers?These types of rehab clinics have become increasingly popular in recent years due to the high number of addicts who need psychological help. The idea behind alcohol and drug-related dual diagnosis treatment centers is that the medical professionals at your facility will work with you on both your addiction and your psychological challenges.By treating both issues at the same time, there is a higher likelihood that you’ll be able overcome your addiction for the long-term. Why? Because you’ll no longer have the urge to use substances brought on by or complicating your psychological issues.
What to Expect From Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers: What will you find at treatment centers?Dual diagnosis treatment centers offer many of the same types of treatment you can find at traditional rehab clinics. You’ll experience and receive help through detox, you may work in groups, take classes, and have one-on-one and group therapy sessions.The difference is that everything that you do will be examined through the lens of your psychological disorder. What does that mean?
- When you arrive at the clinic, one of the first things that will happen is you will be given a psychological evaluation and diagnosis.
- After the doctors have determined what mental afflictions may be impacting your addiction, they will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan.
- This plan will involve counseling and therapy not only for your addiction, but also to help you delve into the issues that led to your psychological disorder.
- You may be given non-addictive psychological medication to normalize your brain chemistry.
- You will likely be in treatment much longer than someone suffering from addiction on its own—at least if you want to reduce your chances of relapsing. Dual diagnosis treatment centers report the highest success rates for people who stay in their program for six months or longer.
Whatever path to recovery you choose, our staff has access to hundreds of treatment centers to assure the best personalized treatment for you, then with continued follow up to help you make the transition to sober living as seamless as possible.
Our trained staff of professionals are qualified to help you assess what type of treatment will be the best fit to ensure you or your loved one gets the help you need.
But how does one go about finding the right program?
If this all looks very overwhelming....it is! But that's what we are here for. Call us at 888-205-8608 and we can help make this process much easier. We will narrow down all of these aspects and find the best program for you or your loved one with all your concerns considered. It's as simple as making that first call. And the best part is that we are a free service. The road to recovery starts here!
We are a free service